Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My last word will probably be "oops" or "crap".

Okay so in case you haven't noticed I've been a little absent from this blog for a little while because...I accidentally killed the internet by downloading too much (hence the "oops" and the "crap"). So, to compensate, I'm going to try to post something every day for the rest of this week to make up for it!

Starting off the bat in a photo editorial from Marie Claire Australia (circa September 2013) which features one of those things I always love to see on people but actually don't really have the guts to wear myself too often!

FEATHERS!!

Seriously, feathered pants? They are so ridiculous I'd never wear them but I want them to sit in my wardrobe for me to admire how wonderful they are. 
(Only half joking)


"In full plum"
Marie Claire Australia
September 2013
Photographs: David Gubert
Styling: Jana Pokorny
Model: Caitlin*




I think the best thing about this photo shoot is the movement used in it. Who cares if you have feathers on your skirt unless you shake it!



God this sweater is AMAZING. I don't care if it's "last season" or not (actually I never really care if it's this season, next season or four seasons ago) - I want it. 


Feathers always make me think of the 20s. Feather boas, flapper skirts, feather headbands. I could totally imagine some uber chic flapper girl rocking the above skirt with scandalous results at a speakeasy. 


Here's a fun feather fact: feathers have been used in fashion as far back as the Native Americans and Aztecs - and possibly even further with a discovery in Verona of bird bones and fossilised feathers alongside Neanderthals remains. It kind of makes you wonder what other fashionable tips we could learn from our extinct relatives...


*Unfortunately I couldn't find anything more than "Caitlin" to describe the models name other than that she is with img...if anyone knows please let me know. I'm pretty sure they're are a lot of Caitlin's out there. 

As always:
Fashion is a weapon, use if buoyantly 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips